The latest and luckiest episode of How I Got My Boyfriend to Read Comics is up! Zoe and Chris present their 13th episode, discussing comics news, interesting articles, what they’ve been reading and the interesting dichotomy presented by the Irredeemable and Incorruptible series, created and written by Mark Waid. They thank Thatcher for introducing and lending them the comics for this recording.
In comics news we discuss:
- The Batman in heels drawing meme.
- Latest DCnU shuffle. This always seems to be occurring.
- Women in Refridgerators 13 years later thanks to the Women Write About Comics blogging project.
- Watchman prequels. We don’t really care but it makes us more cynical. Liefield is less cynical, more confused. Zoe and Chris ponder how to best memify such wisdom.
- Preview pdf copies of Womanthology have been released for review. Zoe has her copy but has yet to have a chance to read properly. Will be reviewed next podcast.
Zoe has been reading a variety of novels including Ursula Le Guin’s The Word for World is Forest, and trades such as the Jonah Hex: Bury Me In Hell, Kyle Higgins’ Supreme Power: Gods and Soldiers, and Simone’s Wonder Woman: Rise of the Olympian. The huge amount of Leverage both she and Chris have been watching is mentioned. Chris has been still following the DCnU closely, mentioning his opinions on the #5’s including Red Hood and the Outlaws, Catwoman, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, All Star Western, Deadman, Captain Atom and his favourite Batman.
The main topic of discussion is the merits of Irredeemable and Incorruptible, two complementary series by Mark Waid. The use of analogues enables a detailed and well told story of both when the world’s greatest hero goes bad as well as when the world’s greatest villian goes good and the associated ethics.
We would like to hear your feedback! Please leave us a comment, either on this blog post or our facebook page. You can tweet to @thewolverina or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you enjoyed listening, you can even leave a comment on our itunes page. You can also receive notifications for all our podcast updates via the How I Got My Boyfriend To Read Comics homepage.