Another episode of How I Got My Boyfriend to Read Comics is up! Episode 17, with a second “backup” boyfriend appearing in the Morning After Regrets edition of the series. Also DC vs Marvel is discussed.
Please note, due to the regrettable nature of this particular “boyfriend” language is more explicit and offensive that usual. You have been warned.
Comics news is discussed including:
- LEGO BATMAN 2 is out in the US. Aussies have to wait till the 27th.
- DC are doing another Nielsen survey on the New 52. Via dcwomenkickingass
- Everyone is still discussing the awful Catwoman #0 cover. My personal favourite take on it so far is on tumblr.
- Marvel’s gay wedding in Astonishing X-Men #51, written by Marjorie Liu, created a lot of fuss.
- Australians do Batman: Legends of The Dark Knight. Tom Taylor and Nicola Scott are doing the 3rd of the online comic.
Reading wise, Zoe discusses getting her first-ever subscription at a local comic book store, despite not having the chance to read the singles she got. She also mentions her new iPad and the comics on that, including Ame-Comi Girls: Wonder Woman #1-3 and Batgirl #1, and Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade, and on paper is midway through Cat Valente’s The Habitation of the Blessed. Thatcher rants about the various Jason Aaron books he has read recently, including Wolverine, The Punisher and Scalped.
The topic for the week is briefly discussed as Zoe and Thatcher fight over which is better: Marvel or DC. They end with a debate about an independent book, GreyHaven Comics’ The Gathering Anthology #12 All Women Edition, and the merits and roles of this kind of production.
You can send your complaints through by leaving us a comment, either on this blog post or our Facebook page. You can tweet to @thewolverina or email email@example.com. If you enjoyed listening, you can even leave a comment on our iTunes page. You can also receive notifications for all our podcast updates via RSS on the How I Got My Boyfriend To Read Comics homepage.