In another step in getting the podcast back on track, we have another episode of How I Got My Boyfriend To Read Comics up! While there was a delay in publication, to make up for it, we even have the return of the podcast notes!
Welcome to the eco hippy Green version of the podcast notes:
- Transgender character in Batgirl finally after a few months of build up. Seems to be handled well.
- The greatest comics based website to exist ever: http://hasdcdonesomethingstupidtoday.com/
- Demon Knights and Dial H for Hero cancelled. Sadness.
- There is a DC version of Scribblenauts coming out Supposedly every DC character ever. Actual footage of Steph Brown has been seen! (via Kotaku)
- Seeing more info and pics on Arkham Origins are coming online. Have yet to see any chicks. Lots of Deathstroke and Deadshot. (via VG24/7)
What We’ve Been Reading
- Among Others by Jo Walton (also known as the worst book ever written)
- Meredith Gran books based on her webcomics
- The Scarlet Rider by Lucy Sussex
- Content for Gender through Comics online course
- Demon Knights.
- Played loads of Tomb Raider (or as I keep calling it, Lara Croft)
- Roadside Picnic by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky
- Habitation of the Blessed by Cat Valente
The Green (or the topic of the week)
We wanted to explore the idea of “the Green” in the Vertigo/DCU universes. We decided to use a comparison between Poison Ivy against Alan Moore’s classic take on Swamp Thing. While we discuss the gender issues, the differences to nu52 and constantly confuse the title of Cast Shadows (the Poison Ivy trade discussed).
As always you can send us feedback in several ways. Leave a message on this blog post or on the Facebook page. You can also tweet to @thewolverina or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you enjoyed listening, you can even leave a comment on our iTunes page. You can also receive notifications for all our podcast updates via RSS on the How I Got My Boyfriend To Read Comics homepage.